Saturday, June 12, 2010

One step closer to a MU

Wooo, went this morning to the box to help out with setting up WOD in the Park, and I decided to just go up to the rings and try to get a MU. Well...I did one! According to Bobby, it was a jumping one because my feet were touching the ground. But I'm happy about the fact that I can do it! Did another one and tried a few kipping ones. Mel taught me a great skills move to practice to get the second part of the transition, so I'm going to go in tomorrow (maybe) and practice, practice, practice!

WOD in the Park was fun but hot, although there was a nice breeze. Now it's time to focus and finish up this week's assignments. Maybe I'll allow myself a movie today...just for my sanity.

5 comments:

  1. I am proud of your jumping muscle up! Everyone has to start somewhere! You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've cracked the MU code! Next time I see you at the box you're gonna have to share it with me. Congratulations Carrie -- the elusive MU is a huge milestone.

    Saturday was a lot of fun...hope we get to WOD in the park again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! I'm sure you will get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! It's just a jumping one, but I'm determined to get a strict one by the end of summer. My wrists sure are loving it...NOT! :P

    ReplyDelete