Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hello World

Well, I finally did it. I finished graduate school!!!! How does it feel? As the days progress, and I realize that I don't have a discussion board or a project waiting for me, my heart feels lighter and lighter. I completed my final assignment last night at 9:20 p.m., but the finality didn't really sink in until later today. Instead of thinking right after work, man, I have to get home so I can finish my schoolwork, I found myself thinking, what am I going to do tonight to celebrate being finished?? What an awesome feeling!

I decided to mark the occasion with a Big Night Out four-course meal at The Melting Pot. I hadn't been there since my birthday last January, and what better way to celebrate freedom than to stuff yourself with cheese fondue, salad, beef, duck, chicken, shrimp, and veggies, AND chocolate creme brulee fondue? Oh, and of course a glass of lovely Pinot Noir to complement it all. And Kason had a nice frosty glass of Old Rasputin waiting for me when I got home from work. Love him and love being finished!! I really can't believe I'm all done--it feels like just yesterday I was figuring out which courses I needed to take and when, charting my plan of action, and mentally preparing myself for the long haul. Was it all worth the sleepless nights, week of the flu, junk food cravings, sporadic workout schedule, and overload of cortisol? YES! I can't wait to meet all of the colleagues I learned and interacted with this past year and a half. December will be here before I know it! That is going to be an awesome, exciting month. More to come later...

2 comments: