Monday, March 7, 2011

Another humbling experience

So we did a new hero WOD today..."Blake."
4 rounds for time:
100ft Walking lunge (45#)
30 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
20 Wallball
10 Handstand Pushups

When I first read the blog, I thought it said 100 total walking lunges for four rounds, so I was worrying all day about how the heck I was going to manage that. I wasn't the only one, though! It still sucked doing 100ft of lunges with a 25# weight on my head. I used a small bumper plate so I could rest it on my head while I lunged. Actually, I went with the group that did their lunges outside in the street, and one of the guys discovered that we actually did about 100 more ft than was prescribed. I did everything rx'd except the HSPU, for which I used two abmats although I should have used just one abmat plus a 10lb bumper plate. Details. Well, the first box jumps after the first lunges were nearly impossible. I couldn't feel my legs, so I almost tripped on the box several times. That was a crazy feeling! Then I got a pretty bad cramp in my foot, but I kept going despite that. I wasted a good 45 seconds, though, trying to stretch it out in between movements. By the second round, it had worked itself out, thankfully. Of all the movements, I hated the lunges the most. Of course I have raspberries on my knees even though I did my best to just "kiss" my knees to the ground. When you get tired, you become less graceful and controlled. Total time was 26:23. It was very humbling to have people lap me and finish within 20 minutes. I have a baseline, though! And I've upgraded to unlimited monthly membership. Time to get back to CFing seriously.

6 comments:

  1. OH my. This one sounds crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was, Amy, it was. Those lunges really tore up my lower half, especially my glutes. It took a few days to recover. When are you coming for a free WOD, lady?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.....let me look at the calendar.....HESI study week x 2 weeks, HESI itself, 20 page research paper, Management test, Community Health Test (the worst thing ever invented! Give me double Fran instead of CH!), CCI test.

    Finish clinicals, Finals, graduation, pinning.

    I think my schedule looks like yours a few months ago. Bad thing is, I have study groups on Saturday mornings right now. :( I will be back! Soon! I totally need to get back into working out. I miss it. I have tried to do it by myself, but I just can't anymore. I need someone to come and kick my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you made my head spin! Haha, I know you're going to do awesome, girl! You're ALMOST DONE!!!!! What's Community Health Test? Girl, let's kick each other's butts soon, ok?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Community Health is all about school nursing, disaster preparedness, helping the homeless, the poor, yadda yadda. The test has nothing to do with the notes, so it is hard to prepare. But you are right....almost done! :)

    And I will be taking you up on that butt kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know you're going to do great on it! I can't wait to see you back at Deep!

    ReplyDelete