Monday, March 14, 2011

In Good Graces

Hehe, I'm such a nerd. Like my title there? So I did Grace rx'd for the first time today (95# for girls), and I finished in 5:42. Not sure if that's a good time, but I'm happy I didn't take as long as I thought I would. I broke up the 30 reps into 6 sets of 5. I think my Oly lifting classes have really helped me because the 95# didn't really feel bad until about rep 16 or 17. Then it started getting harder to jerk it, plus you don't split jerk on Grace (not as efficient). Before we did Grace, we found a 1RM on C&J. I always dread that because my mind takes over and usually leaves me disappointed. Well, I thought I'd be disappointed today and just get my old 1RM (120#), but after some quality coaching and determination (before he left, Spencer told me he "expected great things" so I couldn't let him down!!), I cleaned the 125#. I think I was surprised to have cleaned it because I made a face, like Whoa! which Russell noticed, too. Then jerking it wasn't too bad, but I do need to work on staying back on my heels so the weight doesn't go forward. So excited to see PRs again! :) And as afraid as I was going in to do Grace rx'd, it was a pleasant surprise to have 95# feel so "easy" for the first 15-16 reps.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's sad not having anyone to make me do a quick run down Dyer "just for fun", but it sounds like you got your groove back over there. And come on, be honest, Grace is a LOT more fun than Bikram, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely, Howard. My yoga phase is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I could hear your sigh of relief all the way over here! :P

    ReplyDelete