Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back from Vacay

After spending July 4 in DC and VA with Kason (highlight of my summer!) and some time with family in OH, it was time to hit the box hard. BTW, fireworks in the nation's capital were the most spectacular ones I've ever seen, but one would expect nothing less from such a venue.

I did get a few running/sprinting workouts in with my brother while in OH--we ran 3 miles and did half burpee Cindy one day and 10 100m sprints with other movements (pushups, burpees, broad jumps, backward running, etc.) mixed in another day. It was fun to have a workout partner.

7/13: I ran 2 miles, did 25 HSPU with 1 abmat and 100 situps. The running didn't bother me as much as it used to, so some progress there. I'm happy about the progress in HSPU, as well. I didn't time myself. Just wanted to get myself moving since I'd been gone for so long. 

7/16: Cindy - it's been well over a year since I did this WOD, and the other choice was Nate. I thought about doing Nate with jumping MUs but decided I wanted a whole-body workout after returning. Ugh! I got in 12 rounds + 1 pullup. I bled on the bar on that extra pullup so stopped, plus there were 5 seconds left on the clock. Considering the best I've done while crossfitting full-time was 11 rounds and I've been gone for two weeks, I wasn't too upset with my results. The pushups posed the biggest challenge, as usual. So the past three days have been rather painful in my lat/delt area. I could barely move today!

7/17: Back to Outlaw. I did 7 sets of 2 high hang snatches with Mel. I didn't have it in me to do more than 45+kg for my sets. :/ Then my clean percentages were rather poor, and I had to stop at 65kgx3. The metcon was 3 rounds of 10 thrusters (I used 65# instead of 95#), 50 DUs, 1 min rest, 1 min max effort of burpees, rest 1 min. I got in 40 burpees total. I've had rather low blood pressure lately and didn't want to push it too hard on those. The thrusters sucked the most, as expected. I don't think I could get a respectable Fran time if I were to do it.

7/18: More high hang snatches but at 40kg today. I could hardly move today since it's the 2nd day after Cindy. I'm glad I went in and worked out, though. Not moving makes it worse! After the snatches I did 4 sets of 7 bench press at 65#, 75, and 80 (x2 sets). It was fun to do that after such a long time! Then the metcon was 100 DUs 10 wall ball shots 75 DUs 20 wall ball shots 50 DUs 30 wall ball shots 25 DUs and 40 wall ball shots. I did the first 50 DUs unbroken (PR) and used a 14# ball. My finish time was 12:35. The DUs weren't hard except having to relax after being gassed by the wall ball shots was a challenge. I HATE wall ball shots!!! They wear me out. Squatting with weight isn't hard for me. It's the conditioning part that still gets me. Will continue to work on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment