Monday, July 2, 2012

Updates

I know it's been a long while since I last posted. May's meet came and went, and while I did PR in all areas, I wasn't happy with my performance. I snatched 57, CJd 74 (cleaned 76 just fine), and totaled 131. I didn't sit in a full snatch so my 60 attempt was way out front, and the 76 jerk was not straight up and down like it should have been. After the meet, I realized that a) I didn't feel confident about my body composition, b) my body wasn't responding as well to the training I had experienced for the past year, and c) my knee wasn't getting any better with all the stress I'd been putting on it. So I've refocused my goals to a) go down a weight class (effectively, losing 10#), b) let my knee heal, and c) reassess my fitness goals at the end of the summer. If I can't effectively compete at 58kg, then I will stay a light 63kg. I am down to 61kg from doing the Outlaw Crossfit training for the past two weeks. I had to take a 2-3 week break due to having to travel to Ohio for my grandma's funeral, as well as moving to Irving. Working out in this Texas summer heat has helped me shed weight, as well. I'm enjoying/hating the new training, plus I get to train with Mel more often at CF Deep.

I can still snatch 58 with no problem, as well as clean 73 for multiples without a hitch. It's gratifying that I haven't lost too much despite not training at Spoon. I went two Sundays ago to see Larry, Tom, and Freedom since it's been over a month since I last went there. It was nice to see them and to lift with kilo plates. Deep has one set of kilo plates but all the rest is #s. Ugh. I'm getting used to the conversions, though. Basically, I've discovered that my running conditioning has gone down the pooper, but that's understandable since all I've been doing is anabolic training the past year. Also, my pullups have regressed. I used to be able to do multiples of strict pullups with a weighted vest. Now I'm lucky to get multiples at bodyweight. It's cool that I have more to work on, though. I like the challenge. I did a full headstand pushup without an ab mat last Wednesday. :) I can do 9-10 with 1 ab mat. Progress is progress. I'm eager to get down to 58kg and see where my lifting is for the October meet.

Tonight I did this WOD despite being scared of the running and box jumps:

3 rounds of 5 deadlift (135#) and 12 kettlebell swings (35#)
run 800m
3 rounds of 5 power cleans (85#) and 12 box jumps (20" box)

I finished in 11:20. Everything was done rx'd. I'm happy to see that I'm slowly getting it back. :) I remember when I first started crossfit, and bodyweight deadlifts in a WOD were haaaard. They felt like nothing tonight because of all the Olympic lifting training. It's such an eye-opener!

Time to go pack for my visit to VA and OH. It'll be hard to be away for that long from the gym, but I'm shooting to get in at least 4-5 workouts. It'll be hotel WODs mostly as the crossfit gym in Lancaster seems to have gone under.

P.S. I got a new job in Irving ISD!!!! The hellacious year I had is behind me. I'm ready to move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment