Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to it

After over two weeks' laziness/flu-induced rest, I returned to the box. Today's WOD was great, both the front squats and the sprints. I know I'm going to feel both for the next few days, and I LOVE that!

Front Squat: 5-3-2-1-1-1
I started with 65 for the 5 reps, then went up to 110 for the first 1-rep. We had to use the kg bumpers, so it took Anna, Laura, and me a little longer to figure out weights. I squatted 129# for the 2nd 1-rep, and then since I couldn't get 135, settled for 134, which is a 9# PR, so I was happy with that.

The sprints were yucky. I ran out of gas for the second 100m, especially because we had to run it up that little hill on Dyer. The turns got me, too. My times ran between 35 seconds to 45 seconds. My ankles, hammies, and gluteus maximus are definitely feeling it and will continue to for the next few days. Woohoo!!! Love being back! :D

4 comments:

  1. Great to see you back!! We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU. I am happy to hear that I am not the only one getting tripped up by these new bumpers. METRIC SYSTEM. WHY? I totally missed my PR yesterday because I didn't convert correctly. My 3rd grade teacher is somewhere chuckling to herself right now.

    Welcome back Carrie, it's good to have my WOD Strategist back in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks Amy and Howard. :) I missed that "Is Pukie going to visit me today?" feeling. Haha! Definitely felt it yesterday on the last sprint.

    I agree totally about the new bumpers, ugh!! But I guess I'd better get used to it because it seems that's how it's going to be now. I hate math! I just want to be able to workout without having to compute and convert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, so everything is in Kg now? Ug...

    ReplyDelete