Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lazy

I know, I've been lazy about posting my results, but I've been enjoying my extra hours with Dexter! Hmm, where'd I leave off? Oh yeah, Monday with "Tabata Something Else." I have to say I really enjoy this WOD. Last time the box did it was my rest day, so I made it up on that Sunday, alone with my Tabata timer app on my iPhone. My first go looked like this: blue band on pull-ups for total of 40, all knee push-ups for total of 83 or so, 80-something sit-ups, and 125 squats. This time, my grand total wasn't as grand, but I did use a red band on pull-ups and managed to do 46, I did the first three rounds of push-ups rx'd and eked out 20 before crapping out and going to my knees for a total of 60-something, did 82 sit-ups, and 128 squats. My total was 305--not super great but not something I'm ashamed of since I used a thinner band and did more pull-ups. Definitely am still feeling the air squats today, though, especially on that CD we did.

Tuesday: Snatch, ugh. We went for technique and form, and I didn't go beyond 45# because I didn't feel like my form was good enough to go up any higher. We did box jump intervals--2 rounds of AMAP for 45 sec., 45 sec. rest, AMAP for 30 sec., 30 sec. rest, and AMAP for 15 sec., 15 sec. rest. I did 78 total box jumps on the medium box--not great.

Wednesday: Fran but with burpees instead of pull-ups. Learned that taping my wrists for the thrusters works WONDERS. I will do that for every front bearing O-lift from now on. I used 45# (5 more than my Fran weight), so I was happy about that. Slowly but surely! Faith counted for me, and I always find it easier to focus if we don't have to count for ourselves. Still sucked, though!!! Those burpees really get to me after so many, and of course my knees were black and banged up after all was said and done. I finished in 7 minutes flat, which is quite better than my best Fran time, but I realize that burpees are "easier" than pull-ups. Felt great to do this one, though, and I am glad I didn't skip. CD was 3 rounds of 15 GHD extensions and 15 40# sandbag standing lunges. Ack my quads hated those extensions!!! It was quite painful yet in a good way, and of course I banged my knees a few times on the lunges. I'm definitely going to enjoy my rest day tomorrow!! That, and my dang car door handle came off today (at least it waited until after payday, right?), and I need a patch in my tire. Sigh. When it rains, it pours. I'll be happy when the rainy days go away--I'm starting to feel like I'm in the Midwest again!

4 comments:

  1. OK -- gotta say, 128 squats on Tabata Something Else is sick. It's no wonder your quads were upset with you.

    Burpees easier than pullups? No waaaay.
    Your pullups are better than mine, and I would still rather do pullups than burpees. With skin ripping off my hands, I would rather do pullups than burpees. Burpees and wall balls destroy your soul.

    Any improvement on your Fran time for last night's WOD definitely earns you a rest day. Go get a new door handle for your whip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, about time you started following my blog, Howard! ;) Thanks, and you do have a point about preferring ripped hands over the whole-body misery caused by burpees. Thanks about the squats, and my quads are just starting to feel somewhat normal. :) I'm actually excited about making up today's WOD on Sunday. You wanna join Laura and me? See you tomorrow if you're there. Oh, and car door handles cost way too much these days, plus I had to replace a tire. Actually, I needed to replace both tires, but I will have to wait until I get my oil changed to buy the 2nd one. Bah! Why haven't human beings learned how to fly yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..burpees and wall balls destroy your soul..I have to agree with that! Now, which one would you rather do? hmm.

    Nice job, Carrie! I have missed your posts but looks like you're doing awesome, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sandy! I've been busy/lazy, so usually when I post, it covers several days or even a whole week. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete