Monday, July 12, 2010

Motivation? I gots tons!!

So I was just complaining on Saturday about not feeling motivated at all to finish my big assignment, but guess what my grades for the first week's assignments were? 100% all-around!!!!! AND, the icing on the cake: my professor posted two student examples to help everyone better understand what she had been looking for/expecting on our first big assignment (30% of our grade), and one of them was mine! I was so stoked!!!! I couldn't believe it. LOL So that was definitely a huuuuuuge motivator, and I am going into this week with much more confidence, positivity, and initiative. LOVE it!

Workout today sucked totally, mainly because of the met-con, which was ten minutes of suck. Well, first we did four sets of five DL--I worked up to 185# and since we had four girls sharing a bar, I stopped there. I could have done at least 195, but I'm not complaining...too much. ;) Then the met-con was 800m run and AMRAP burpees within the remaining amount of time. I sucked wind on the 800m run big-time. I blame not enough sleep over the weekend and the kettlebell swings we had to do between each set of DL. Anyway, it took me almost four minutes (ack!) to finish my run, and then it was burpee time. Wow do I hate burpees, especially when I'm trying to catch my breath from a half-mile run. I got in 61, which I guess isn't too bad, but I thought I should have done at least 70. Took too many little breathers. Then again, quite a few others got only 30-something! I suppose I did the run just right as in I didn't push too hard (not that I could anyway) so that I'd have enough gas for the burpees. Then again, if I'd run faster, I would have gotten more burpees in...maybe? Anyway, glad that one's done, and I'm pretty ready to tackle "Jason" tomorrow: 100 air squats, 5 muscle-ups (I'll be subbing pull-ups and dips, or C2B pull-ups if that's what they want us to do), 75 squats, 10 mu's, 50 squats, 15 mu's, 25 squats, 20 mu's. It's been forever since I last did this hero WOD, so I'm curious to see how well I do. Better get to sleep so I have enough energy tomorrow. Evening class for me for sure!

4 comments:

  1. What a relief to hear such great news about your grades! That's exactly what you needed!

    I think your approach on the workout was the right one, and not only because that's the approach I took, too. :) Then I started out reeeeal slow on the burpees and kept that pace so I wouldn't rest. It was hard! And Jason was bad, but in a different way! Good luck tonight; I know you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! For sure, it was. The praise and use of my work as an example meant far more to me than the A. :)

    Jason was awful, mainly because I went in at 5 today. Learned my lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo great! I am proud of you! I knew you could do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amy! And the prof used my paper for last week as an example this week! I was very surprised because I didn't think I did it right. :)

    ReplyDelete