Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gains

Update on the gains I've made since starting at Spoon (with a 1.5-week hiatus for vacation/cruise):

Snatch - 43kg (3-rep working weight)
Clean - 60kg (3-rep working weight)

Got greedy and tried to max out my clean at 62kg after doing triples, snatch shrug-unders and snatch high pulls. I had to do cleans today again after doing so badly on Friday off the boxes. 55 felt great, but when I put 5 more kilos on, my mind freaked out...and my body didn't know what to do. Today's cleans were redemption for Friday. After some 4/8 squatting at 70kg and some pull-ups, I felt like it was a good training day. Tomorrow I start work full-time, so I know that will affect my training. Will keep y'all updated!!!

Update: Well, I survived two full workdays and training for three hours tonight; Tuesdays are my toughest workout with snatches, lift-offs, heavy squats, and straight-legged DL with a shrug. Did my 4 sets of 4/8s with 80kg, and they weren't very pretty. Got a nice scrape on the nape of my neck from a stupid bail on the last set. When I felt the bar sliding off, I didn't let go so it scraped me on the way down as I landed on my tush. Haha. Then I had to get up and finish my final 4 back squats. I need to learn how to bounce strongly out of the bottom. Jose has me doing weighted hip extensions and 200 situps a day to strengthen my back and core. He really inspired me today! He told me that if I keep training hard and stick with it, I'll be a good contender at Nationals next year. I want to make it and do well!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome numbers! Way strong. And did you and Kason get married?! I saw the name change on Facebook and was like, whoa! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! I'm aiming for 48-50kg on snatch and 65-68kg on C&J for October's meet. We actually got married last summer but didn't have time to plan the reception until this summer. :) Thanks!!! How have you been?

    ReplyDelete