Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PR day

Somehow, after eating only once yesterday and drinking less than a Liter of water during the workday, and eating hardly enough today plus not drinking enough water, I managed to PR on my snatch triples (45kg), front squat (95kg), and back squat (105kg). After the crazy adrenaline rush, though, I felt sicker than a dog. I think my lack of sleep and poor nutrition have wreaked havoc on my recovery...already. I didn't get enough sleep on Sunday because the darn fire alarm in our building went off at 3:30 and didn't get turned off until almost 4. For some reason, I've been waking up at 4:30-5 all last week and this week. I blame my hectic job. Besides the fact that we have one planning period and a shorter lunch period, we have 30-35 students in each class, and we are responsible for teaching eight different preps in each period. I still haven't wrapped my head around how on earth I'm going to be able to effectively teach my students and help them succeed on the TAKS and college entrance exams. I'll do my best, though, as that is all I can do, really. I should just be thankful that I have a job, I know. But I'm venting a bit. :) Anyway, today turned out to be a great training session and I'm looking forward to more. Gotta drink and eat more though!

3 comments:

  1. More huge numbers! I'm sure you'll hit the ones you mentioned in the comment on your last post, too. :) Good luck with work. I wish it were easier on teachers but it takes special people to do that job, and the rest of us are all just thankful you do what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jamie! I just have to go with the flow. The bright side is that I'll be able to handle any kind of school after this year's experience, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. :)

    ReplyDelete