Thursday, August 25, 2011

PR Day 2

Well, it seems that being stressed/angry at work helps me make PRs at my training sessions! Tonight I jerked 65kg (2kg PR), and I cleaned 65kg for triples (5kg PR). But then I didn't make 68kg because my head started taking over. The 65s felt relatively light. There was really no reason for me to miss the 68. Richard says I seem to think I don't deserve success, and perhaps he's right. I've started listening to The New Psycho-Cybernetics, which has really helped me refocus my thinking. Olympic lifting is SO mental, and my coach and fellow lifters keep telling me that I'm built for the sport. I have to believe in myself and let my body do its thing. So after I missed the 68, I tried the 65 and kept "clarking" the bar, much to my chagrin and Richard's disappointment. It seems that once I miss an attempt or two, I start doubting myself and over-thinking to compensate for the misses. So I finally went back to 60, my old triplet weight, and worked to make each rep perfect. But by that time, that weight felt "heavy" to me. Ugh! I still made my reps but not confidently. I am thrilled about my PRs tonight but feel like I cheated myself out of the 68kg. Next time!!! BTW, as of today, my total student count is 174, and I probably will have to teach yet another prep (that makes 9) since the online vendor for the virtual curriculum does not offer Speech, which the students have to complete to graduate. The fun continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment