Thursday, September 3, 2009

I was somewhat of a Nancy...

As you can see, yesterday's WOD was Nancy: 5 rounds for time of 400m run and 15 OHS. While we were warming up, Mel pointed at me and said, you're going to do 53#!!!! I was like, whaaaaaa?!?!! I was scared then! Haha, I love how Mel really pushes us and motivates us...but I just couldn't manage even 48 pounds overhead. Argh. But I did use 8 more pounds than the last time I did Nancy in June, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself. Tyler saw me struggling with 48# and told me to use just the 33# BB. In retrospect, I would have used 35# as I had originally intended, but I wanted to listen to my coach. :)

Took me 16:32, which is roughly two minutes slower than my last time, but with eight more pounds this time. I felt a lot better on the runs, but I really really need to work on maintaining active shoulders for the OHS. I could feel myself wobbling and wavering on some of the sets. Not good. It was awesome watching Howard and JoDee push through on their last rounds with Tyler, Chase, and Neal (who of course blazed through, rx'd) yelling and encouraging them along with the rest of us. I love this gym! I wasn't too bummed about missing DL today since I did max a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to working out this weekend finally. Planning to hit the rooster tomorrow, gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment