Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ack, my arms are useless now!

So great to see you today, Amy! You hottie! :) Did you have a nice strong drink for me?!! I need it now!!

Yesterday's WOD: Clean and Press 3-3-3-3-3

Since my 1RM for press is 93#, I wanted to be as close to that weight as possible on my final round of these. I shared a 45# BB with Anna, and she's so awesome to workout with! We went up by 10# each time, and I got up to 85# for my max. :) The cleans were the easy part, but pressing that weight sure was challenging! For CD, we had to do ladder bearcrawl-burpees. I got to the 7th rung on the ladder before Sam called time. Then SamZ and I did 100 GDH situps, and we did the final 20 unbroken. Woo!! I sure feel it today, YES!!!! I LOVE feeling my workouts. :D

Today's WOD was a hero WOD: "Nate" AMRAP in 20 minutes of 2 Muscle-ups, 4 HSPUs, and 8 KB swings. I did 8 kipping pullups/8 parallette dips for MUs, 4 DB push presses with 20#, and used 35# KB for swings. I did the pullups unassisted for the first four rounds (whee!!) but had to digress to a red band for the remaining four rounds as my hands were threatening to tear, and my hips just didn't have the power left to get my chin up. But I did do a dead-hang pullup today!!!! I was standing there under the bar with Anna, getting mentally prepared for the WOD, and I had my hands in switch-grip. I pulled myself up until my chin was above the bar!!! Shocker!! It felt great to be able to do it! And on three hours of sleep. :D/:{ I know I know, sleep is very important, and my diet was not bad today but just not as full as it should have been. I had two hard-boiled eggs, a cup of celery with a Tablespoon of Sunbutter, and a cup of bing cherries (mmmmm). Then, since this was the last time we'll have an hour for lunch all year, my colleague and I went shopping on our break. :) So I had a handful of almonds for "lunch." Dinner was fajita meat with bell peppers and onions. I felt pretty hungry when I got home from the WOD, but as I was cooking, I didn't feel as hungry anymore. I really don't eat big portions anymore, which I guess is a good thing, but I wonder if I'm getting enough to maintain my physical demands. Definitely not complaining! The weight is staying consistent and not fluctuating, so that makes me happy.

Well, time to hit the books again. Tomorrow's a rest day, yippee! I'm going to give myself a break and play bingo with Amanda and her bf at the Village Country Club tomorrow night, though. For my sanity!!!

5 comments:

  1. Aww...Thanks Carrie! I don't know about "strong" but I had a malibu and Dr. Pepper for you! It is nice for me to see how much CrossFit is paying off. I know that I can tell differences, but it is great when other people can see too!

    Told you guys your arms were useless! But you gotta love that feeling! Congrats on the dead hang pull up! You are a total rockstar!

    I have been noticing that you aren't getting much sleep.....do I NEED to have a talk with you about sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, Amy! Malibu and Dr. Pepper sounds yummy! I might have a beer tonight at Bingo--I'm giving myself a bit of a break and might win a month's free rent besides! ;)

    I know, Amy, I have accepted the fact that I am not going to get enough sleep for the entirety of this course. I'm in the second week, so just three more weeks of depriving myself. :/ I appreciate your concern, though! ;) I did get almost six hours last night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three hours? Awww. I guess it's all relative though - when you get six, you feel great. :) You ate really healthy though, so I think if you keep that up the lack of sleep won't hit you as hard as if you eat crap...right? That seems like it would be true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, yeah...six hours seems like sleeping in compared to three. Most of the day, I feel okay, but I really start feeling kinda ill by the late afternoon, early evening unless I workout. Not healthy, I know. :/ Really, I don't get how I survived on two to three hours of sleep a night in college and didn't flunk out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malibu and Dr. Pepper is SOOOO yummy! Ooo...a beer! Hehe...

    People keep telling me that I need to get used to fact that I won't be getting sleep during nursing school. I don't think they know me. When it is 9 o'clock...I go to bed.... :)

    ReplyDelete