Monday, August 17, 2009

Sad

Ugh. Had to take Saturday and Sunday off because of lack of sleep due to grad school work. I stayed up until 4 a.m. on both days and got up at 6 or 7 to get back to my work. Lack of sleep = neglect of diet = sucky performance

Today's WOD was a repeat: 4 rounds for time of 800m run. Last time we did this one was in May, and I felt way better on it. Of course, the heat index wasn't over a 100 degrees then, and it was a smaller group. I did hit a PR, though, by 6 seconds. Last time my fastest time was 3:25, and this time was 3:19. But I took almost 4 minutes on the rounds after that first one. :( I suppose I used too much gas on that first one, plus we ran as a big group, so I felt more motivated...I had originally planned to go to the rooster today since I started back at work and want/need to get into a schedule where I workout first thing in the morning before work so then I will have my evenings free to make dinner/run errands/do grad school work. Michelle said she'd like to start doing the rooster, so if she's counting on me being there, then it will be a lot easier for me to get my ass outta bed. Ideally, there'd be a 5 a.m. class so I'd have time in the morning to make breakfast for Kason and myself before I leave for work, but I am happy there's a 6 a.m. class. Good seeing you, Sandy, for that brief moment. :)

Since I was mad at myself for doing so poorly on the running, I made myself do 50 pushups for time and then 50 situps for time at home. Took me 1:40 on the pushups (knee) and 1:50 (sad!!) on the situps. I miss my situp buddies.

Well, time to make dinner and get cracking on these assignments. I have at least ten assignments due this week, plus a major paper.

4 comments:

  1. Oof..that's quite a schedule! Take it easy..remember, the worst thing that you can do for your performance is stress! Just do what you can do :) Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on the school schedule! once you get into your groove, it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sandy and Amy, for the encouragement! So far, I'm doing all right. I think the best approach is to take it one assignment at a time. If I think at once about ALL the assignments I need to get done, I start to get really stressed out. I gotta approach it like a WOD, right? Take it one move at a time and get through it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly....one assignment at time! Now, if I can only remeber that advice in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete