Saturday, August 8, 2009

Two today

Kason had to be up early today for a conference, so I got up with him and went to the 10 a.m. WOD, intending to do both that and the 11 a.m. one. Had to work off that cheese and chocolate from last night! Plus I'll be cheating tonight with some fried delights from Humperdink's while we watch the UFC Lightweight Championship bout between BJ Penn and Kenny Florian, plus Anderson Silva will fight Forrest Griffin. Should be an awesome show!!! Forrest will probably be streaming blood from his face--I swear his skin is paper-thin and his face is all sharp angles!

Newbie WOD was called "Tabata FTW": we rotated to four different stations--push-ups, mountain climbers (2-ct), 10m shuttles, and squats. We did a full set of Tabata intervals (eight) at each station; then we had one minute of rest while rotating to a new station. Sam counted us off, and I started at the mountain climber station. Knocked out 104 of those. Then it was time for the shuttles. What a mess that was!!!! There were too many people for the mat area where we had to do the runs, so I had to run pretty slowly to avoid running into anyone. Also, I noticed my legs were rather shaky from the mountain climbers, so I was extra cautious. Only got in 37 runs. :/ After those, I had to do push-ups, which I did on my knees for the whole set. I managed to do 82 push-ups. It was tough, though--my knees were slipping off the mat, and my hands were slipping around on the floor. I was a hot, sweaty mess! Finally, I did squats, and wow were my legs and tush tight afterward!!! I did 125 total. My grand total was 348. Next time I will do normal push-ups and hope that the shuttle isn't so crowded.

The 11 a.m. WOD was J.T. and wow was it a doozy. 21-15-9 of HSPU, ring dips, and push-ups. I subbed 20# shoulder presses for the HSPU, parallette dips for the ring dips, and did knee push-ups. I was suffering by the 15th shoulder press!!! Then when I was doing the dips, I seriously could not do more than 3 or 4 at a time. I was really ready to quit. But Erica pushed me through it, and I even repeated reps that weren't full ROM (didn't lock out elbows). I couldn't believe how difficult the dips were!!! The push-ups were the easiest part of this WOD for me. Funny, eh? The second set of dips, I could only do 1 or 2 at a time, and I would plop down on my butt after each one. It was really rough. I'm glad that Erica made me make every rep count, though, and I know I did quite a few more than I was supposed to, but if my elbows weren't locked out, she didn't count it. At the time, I hated that, but I am glad that she kept me accountable and true to the proper form. I finished in 11:11. Before we started, I was sure I'd take at least 15 minutes, so I'm not disappointed about my time. I know I could have done better, but then I remember that I'd just done over 100 mountain climbers and 82 push-ups not even 30 minutes prior to this WOD.

Now it's time to relax and finish my book before I tackle my school work. Tomorrow I plan to workout with Mel--she's doing a weighted run (how far, I'm not sure, but I'm hoping not more than a mile!), maybe some Tabata situps, and whatever else she can do without using her wrist since she injured it yesterday. Should be fun! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww....two a days...how I miss those! Glad you guys had a great time! Have fun on the weighted run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! Mel didn't show today, plus there was no way I was going to run today, esp. wearing a weighted vest. I felt like crap all day, mostly because I ate crappy food last night, plus Kason and I stayed up really late. Sleep and nutrition seriously do impact how you feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you've worked out since Saturday!! I see how it is..Kason comes home and the blog updates stop :-P Just teasing ya, was just thinking about you and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, hi Sandy! I know, I've been slacking with my blogs, but I've been doing professional development all day all week and have had to spend my evenings on school work. I will post an update today after the WOD. Sorry! :) Hope you're doing okay! I've been reading your, Jamie, and Amy's blogs, but I haven't really been able to respond to any of them. :( Hope to see you sometime!!

    ReplyDelete