Monday, August 24, 2009

I survived.

Surprise surprise, I survived the week from hell! Got my author study project finished and submitted with 14 minutes to spare! I was totally down to the wire, ack! I'm so glad I got that project over with, though, because now I can breathe a bit this week and concentrate on my special interest topic project, which isn't due until two weeks from now but I plan to submit it before Labor Day. I HATED not being able to workout yet again last weekend, but I am determined to not have to skip this weekend.

Today's WOD has me so hyped!!!!!! I can't wait to see what my improvements prove to be on front squat. Last time we did this one was in May! I'm going to try to share a bar with the boys so I'll be more motivated. Last time, I was with older Dave (not nooner Dave) and another guy I can't remember at the moment, and they really were so cool--they had to keep moving the rack things so that it was short enough for me LOL. I wasn't sure of my form, but they really helped me, and I got 125# for my max. This time, I want to definitely get over my bodyweight, but a considerable amount, so like...at least 140 or 145. That's my hope anyway! The dessert sounds "fun" but I really need a good met-con to kick my sedentary ass in gear after sitting at my desk all weekend! Looking forward to it.

Well, I was determined to get as close to my old PR as I possibly could, and I did. I got 125# x3. It was tough, and I was sounding rather mannish at the end, but I find that sometimes, when you're exerting so much effort and energy, your body acts on its own accord! Dessert sucked big-time, just as I knew it would. Burpees and KB swings suck on their own, and they especially suck when combined in a met-con. Ugh!!! I used 35# and took 7:42. I started out as steadily as I could on the burpees so I wouldn't lose my momentum, but alas, by the time I got to 8 burpees/3 KB swings, I was beginning to lag. I sure am feeling the poooooor diet and next to no sleep from the weekend. Argh! I felt pretty good at work this morning, though, but CrossFit always proves me wrong in that area. Haha! Gonna try to hit up 6 a.m. WOD tomorrow.

Great seeing you today, Sandy! You looked so cute in your headband. :)

3 comments:

  1. haha, thanks again for the headband girlie! I actually went and bought a couple more this weekend..can't do without them now :) I'm planning to go to the 6am too, so hopefully I'll see you there! Nice job today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Sandy! I need to make another trip to Lululemon sooooo badly, especially for more headbands, but I need to buy work clothes more badly. I wish I was rich! :P Thanks for the props!

    Ooooh, if you're going to the 6 a.m., then I HAVE to go! I will see you there! That will motivate me to get my butt outta bed. We should start doing that more often, eh? I'm not really counting on Kason dragging himself out that early, so I will need a buddy waiting on me at the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ma'am! I will let you know whenever I go. I end up doing it once every week or two. Especially on my new quest for uninterupted 3/1..I've gotta force myself there some mornings! I just can't do it consistently..it's painful!
    Really good work today! It's awsesome watching you! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete