Thursday, August 27, 2009

I hate my snatch.

Tuesday rooster: Hero WOD "Erin"
5 rounds for time:
15 dumbbell split cleans
21 pull-ups

Spencer had the first heat scale their pull-ups to 15 reps so we'd be done on time and not be late for work. Even doing 15 pull-ups each round was mega-challenging for me, though. Used 20# dbs on the split cleans (my poor shoulders!) and a red band for pull-ups. I baaarely made it within the cut-off time of 15 minutes. :/ That WOD was very humbling, but I read the story about the soldier it is named after, and I was glad that I suffered through it.

Today: We worked on power snatches today--more on form than on load, thank goodness. I warmed up with a 33# bb since all the 15's were taken. Sam had me roll out my hips and hammies some more since I was having trouble on the squats. I tend to jump my feet out too widely. Shared a 33# with Faith and definitely felt really weak on this lift. My max load before Sam made us stop for the met-con was 48#. Bleh, definitely a step back I think. But I think I would have been able to lift more had we been given more time because I used 35# (more than 60% of max) on the met-con and felt like I should have used a heavier load.

Met-con: 21-15-9 of power snatches and HSPUs. I subbed 20# DB presses for the HSPUs. Finished in 7 minutes flat. Eight minutes was the cut-off time. I've discovered yet another lift I need to work on, but it's okay. I know that it will only get better with more practice and skill work. I'm going to do the death march on Sunday (Kason's making me, lol), and I'm definitely not looking forward to it... We plan to do invisible Fran or Cindy at our silly gym on Saturday since there won't be any classes for the seminar. Looking forward to the Hooverball 80s fun and then Casey's party. Bleh, I feel really tired but have too much work to do to turn in early tonight. :( Gotta recharge with some coffee. Hope to see y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment