Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pain inc.

Darn it, I was just thinking last night how we were probably going to do something with thrusters soon, and evidently...someone has telepathic powers. Argh!

WOD: 100 Thrusters for time with 5 burpees at the start of every minute

Well, I went in and faced my fear and ended up doing more than the prescribed 100. LOL That's why I teach English, not math. I used my Fran weight of 40#, and by the tenth round, I was doing half burpees (no push-up) before the thrusters, but I am glad I went and did this WOD instead of curling up in a lil ball and refusing to go in today. I only needed to do 3 more thrusters on the final round, but I did 10 instead. Erica was helping me count the rest, and I did 6 thrusters on the 18th and 19th rounds. I guess that confused us both, because I ended up doing 7 more than I needed to. I even did the final 3 after Sam yelled time. Haha! I love how intense things get!!! It was worth the pain because tonight, Kason and I are going to King Spa and Sauna, and I'm going to soak and sweat the impending soreness out of my shoulders, back, hips, and quads. Just keep trucking when the going gets tough!!!

Great job, Jamie! It was great to see you today! I admire you for sticking with the burpees and not getting up until you were finished with them. I admittedly skipped at least two sets of burpees--I chose breathing over burpeeing. :/ Great work!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, girl! It was great to see you, too. Damn those burpees. :) You did awesome, too, finishing all 100 - plus an extra four!

    Enjoy King Spa! I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! I'm with you--those burpees about killed me!! I think those were worse than the thrusters.

    King Spa was good, but I got really really sick afterward. I think I was dehydrated from all the sweating, plus I've been taking a pretty strong antibiotic. Kason took good care of me, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope you're feeling better now. I'm not surprised you were dehydrated. I've noticed that I've been drinking so much water these last couple days, without even meaning to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm okay now, but it sure wasn't fun feeling that way that evening. I have been eating Activia to help with the lost bacteria. So far, it seems to help a lot. It's been quite a hot week!

    ReplyDelete