Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to it

Well, after a four-day break (eek, but totally worth it! Kason is back and life is so much better now.), I'm back to the gym. As a warmup, I ran to CFDC from Northbridge on Southwestern with Amanda--about 2 miles.

WOD: 100 push-ups
Every time you break from push-ups, complete a 400m run. If any part of your body touches the ground aside from your chest, or you pause for more than a second between reps, you must complete a 400m run. All push-ups must be taken from full elbow extension to chest touching the ground.

Push-ups suck, and running 400m in this heat sucks almost as much. Here's how it went: 30 - run - 30 - run - 12 (?!!!) - run - 28 all knee pushups. I think the thought of running AGAIN pushed me to finish the final set without breaking. Plus Sam and Koy were yelling at me, so that helped a lot, too. :) I think being able to pace myself and the relative coolness/circulation at the gym helped. I didn't want to run out there in the heat, so I made myself do the push-ups as unbroken as possible.

For CD, I did several kipping pullups, 2 sets of 10 KtE, and a 30-second handstand hold. Then Amanda and I ran/jogged/walked back to the Village. I got a cramp in my stomach (argh), so I had to walk for a bit, but we ran the rest of the way once we got to Southwestern. I might start running for the warmup from now on until work starts. It was a good start to the workout, plus I liked getting to know Amanda better. Kinda wish we'd known each other sooner so we would have done this more often, but I'm glad we are now.

Time to make some chicken and broccoli for dinner. Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Loved how you did so many unbroken! Look at you 4 mile run, plus all the running during the WOD...you are awesome! A running machine! So glad that Kason is back! Had a great time at the pool hanging out with you guys! We need to do that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! It felt good to run that far--it's been quite a while since I started CrossFit that I've run that far or long. I had to kick my butt for missing so many days. :)

    Kason and I enjoyed hanging with you at the pool, too! Sorry we were a bit lethargic--brunch consisted of quite a bit of potatoes and bread, plus the heat, so we were rather zoned out. :) I agree--we should do it more often, especially while we have a bit more free time. It's going to be NUTS when I go back to work during grad classes, plus the debate season will be in full swing in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM..potatoes and bread..My kind of breakfast!

    ReplyDelete