Thursday, June 18, 2009

Discouragement

Went to the ophthalmologist today, and he poked my eye to excise the abscess. Ow. The technician put numbing drops in my eye beforehand, but it still hurt quite a bit. He gave me an antibiotic I have to take for two weeks, and he wants to see me again for a follow-up. Then I have to take a preventative antibiotic for three months. Hopefully I don't get another episode for a long, long time after this. Also, I will most likely have to postpone my LASIK consultation because the pressure from my eyelid has changed the shape of my cornea, according to the ophthalmologist. He used to perform LASIK, so I'm presuming he knows what he's talking about. I won't look back fondly on this month, except for the fact that I got a new PR on deadlift and back squat. Other than that, not so much.

I hope everyone else had a great day and had fun on the WOD. I would like to make this one up as soon as I can return to the gym. Doc said I should take a few days off, as well as avoid being near those fans. I might go in on Saturday and row for a half hour or so. Just something or I'll go crazy. I'm looking forward to going to Kozy and seeing Food, Inc. tomorrow! Should be a fun evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment