Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'd like to remove my left eye.

Well, good thing today is a rest day. My left eye continues to give me problems. The sty on the lower lid healed up last weekend, but two days later, I began to feel that soreness/swelling beginning to form in my upper eyelid on Tuesday morning. Sure enough, today my upper lid is swollen and sore. I am getting sick of this damn infection or whatever it is. I called the Cornea Associates for an appt. because I don't want to have to deal with this crap while I'm traveling next week. The triage center will cost a lot (not sure why insurance wouldn't cover it), but I want this nonsense GONE! And gone for good! I was looking forward to dinner at Kozy and a movie, but I think I will sit it out and rest the eye after work. I actually would rather see Food, Inc. this Friday anyway. Hopefully the doctor will give me some good drugs and my eye will be cleared up by next Monday when I go in for my LASIK consultation.

From reading the blog, I can see many CFDCers dressed up crazily for theme day. I hope there will be pictures of the best outfits! Chase dressing up like Linda sounds like a hoot! I might take Thursday off, as well, to prevent dust/contaminants from getting blown into my eye (love the fans, but they sure blow a lot of dust/dirt). My plan is to go (maybe Thursday) Friday and Saturday, Sunday is closed for Fathers Day, and then go on Monday and definitely Tuesday morning before work. I can't go in the evening because my plane leaves at 7 and I need to be at the airport around 5:30. Then I'll visit the Columbus CF once or twice (hoping I can squeeze in twice) while I'm in Ohio. I won't be back in time for Saturday's workout, but I will definitely go on Sunday. It will be good to see the family and my friends who were crazy enough to stay in Ohio, especially my best friend who's having a mid-life crisis at 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment