Monday, June 22, 2009

Two a day

This morning, I worked out with the roosters. Erica got me going because really, when my alarm went off at 5:30, I remember thinking, what the hell am I doing awake this freaking early?!!! Then I remembered, oh yeah, Erica's going to kick my ass if I'm not at the 6 a.m. class today. That got me moving. :) Once I got to the gym, I didn't feel too bad. It's the initial, do I really want to get up yet? mentality that can make early morning workouts tough. When I was in college, I would meet my best friend at the local fairgrounds to run almost everyday at 5:30 or 6 a.m. We'd meet so early because it was the coolest (not that Ohio truly gets that hot, haha), plus I worked from noon until 10 p.m. If I didn't have my friend waiting for me at the grounds, I would have easily ignored my alarm and resumed sleeping. It really helps to have someone to motivate you and help you stay on track.

Today's WOD was 10 rounds of AMRAP of burpees for 20 seconds and mountain climbers for 20 seconds, with 20 seconds of rest between each set. I started out a bit too strong for the long haul, but I remained consistent after the initial hump, averaging at 6 burpees and 10 mountain climbers. This WOD was purely mental. It was tough sticking it out for ten rounds!! But then I returned in the evening and did the same WOD with pushups and flutter-kicks. I averaged 10 pushups and 20-something flutter-kicks. It was a well-rounded workout day. Didn't have time for my usual CD of 3 rounds 15 GHD situps/back extensions since I had to go to work, but I will try to get them in tomorrow. I have a feeling tomorrow will involve lifting, meaning the workout will take longer and I won't be done at 7. It's okay, though--tomorrow's my last day of work until July, and I'm going to Ohio in the evening. I'm a bit worried about my kittens and how well they will handle being away from home/me for four days. They should be fine, but they have been very needy since Kason left for Basic. Can't do much about that, though! I'm sure they won't let me out of their sight when I return. It's nice to feel loved. :)

Had my LASIK consultation today, and it went beautifully. The technicians and coordinators are all so professional, friendly, and knowledgeable at Cornea Associates of Texas. Dr. Beebe was just the same, although he's very matter-of-fact, but I like that in a doctor. My old family doctor liked to shoot the breeze a bit too much for my taste, and then it seemed like he never truly and thorougly checked us out. It was exhilirating to schedule my surgery!!! Shelly was fantastic, encouraging, and definitely supportive. She is a wonderful asset to the practice. She told me she'd had LASIK when they still used knives but hasn't had a problem. That would freak me out too much!! I'm so glad I waited and that the technology is so advanced and precise. I'm looking forward to July 14. Will be thinking of Sandy tomorrow at 2 when she gets her LASIK done. Have a great time in NY!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome work today! And so glad you're feeling all better! I'm also so glad you had a good experience with Dr. Beebe and Shelly. Yes, he is a bit abrupt, but definitely knows what he's doing. And I've heard several times now that he's very particular and conservative, which is good for a surgeon :) Shelly is also super nice and patient! I asked her a zillion questions at my consultation and a zillion and one today :) So glad you were able to schedule it so soon and get the 0%! Yay! and thanks for all of the nice wishes. Will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sandy! I'm glad I got to see you before your surgery and before I left for my trip. The headband looks really cute on you. :) You're probably home by now and resting. Hope your procedure was painless and uneventful. I agree with you about it being good for a surgeon to be particular and conservative. I feel confident that Dr. Beebe knows what he's doing and does it excellently. I'm stoked to have been able to get in so soon and to be able to take advantage of the credit special. Shelly took care of everything for me!! She's great! And you are great, too, for telling me about the place. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two a day! Nice! I am sooo jealous! Awesome job! I can't wait to be back with you guys sweating it out!! 2.5 weeks left!

    ReplyDelete