Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 1

Morning WOD was pretty cool, and I was so thankful we didn't pullups! The rip in my hand makes everyday tasks a bit challenging, such as washing my hair, applying facial and body lotion, etc. I put a big wad of gauze wrapped with sports tape around the finger--worked just fine on our power snatches.

5-3-2-2-1-1-1

I got 73# PR, tried to do 5 more pounds, but I couldn't get it past my shoulders. Ugh. Remembered to wear bug spray this morning, and I'm happy to report that it worked.

CD was 3 rounds of 10 reps of good mornings (why are they called that?!) with a barbell (I used 15#) and ankles to bar reverse pullups. I feel myself getting stronger, despite the lousy diet last week, and it's very heartening and motivating. Was great working with Erica--she really pushes and encourages me. She got the 78# power snatch, and I need to catch her next time! Got a friendly little competition going, in my head at least. :)

Breakfast: Not Just Another Egg Sammich (bad to eat the English muffin and cheese but I wanted one!!)
sweet potato fries (not done as well as they usually are--couldn't finish
them)

Lunch: 2 oz. almond-crusted turkey (getting tired of it finally)
olive oil
1 cup cucumbers
1 cup red bell peppers
6 olives

Snack: 1 oz. brisket jerky
1/2 apple
sunbutter

Dinner: 2 eggs with spinach and purple cabbage (mmmm, love this combo)
olive oil
1 Tbsp avocado

EOD: 9/5?/13

Update on my course from hell: the lady I'd somewhat figured would be willing to work with me doesn't even have a webcam or long-distance service, so that arrangement fell through--disappointing yet a relief as it would have been quite a hassle doing the tutoring sessions via video conference. I'm hoping that Mel and Bobby's relatives will trust me to work with their little ones for the course instead. It's very stressful and frustrating right now because time is trickling away, and I need to get in two sessions this week before the July 4th weekend. I'm doubting that I will be able to go visit Kason's dad at the lake for the holiday--bummer. :/ I'm trying to remain optimistic, though!!!! Once I get two kids squared away and have my first sessions with them, things will fall into place. Just gotta get to that point! I'd rather do Nancy and Helen back-to-back, I think...haha! Okay, maybe not. Gulp!

8 comments:

  1. Bite your tongue! Nancy and Helen back-to-back in this heat? You are effing crazy!! Great job on the WOD this AM! I need lots of work on this lift, and will need even more when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's how I feel, Amy! Although, good news--I'm going to Skype with my little nephew tomorrow and use him as a subject (but just once, since he's too young to be my case study :( ). I suppose it's a good start, right? Hoping Bobby's little brother can be my study subject, but he hasn't called me yet. So much suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used Skype...and if you use Bobby's little brother....lets hope that he is NOTHING like Bobby! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, Dee is a LIFESAVER! She's agreed to work it out with me to have me work with her daughter. I feel so much better now...whee!! Haha, what's wrong with Bobby, Amy? :) J/K

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great! Dee's girls are so sweet! I didn't say anything was wrong with Bobby....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I know you didn't...maybe? :P No, it wouldn't have worked out anyway--he lives in Euless!! Way too far of a drive for two hours a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, I'm so glad that worked out!! And I am super impressed on your progress with your lifts! And your diet is looking good!
    BTW, I had the egg sandwich the other day while you were gone! It is soooo good! Oh well, I figure I could be hooked on worse things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Sandy, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I don't know why, but it's one of my favorite post-WOD meals! Miss you and hope you're having fun in NY. I get to Skype with my lil nephew tomorrow evening--should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete