Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finally!

Well, I finally put aside the blue band for pullups today and used the red band. It slowed me down quite a lot, but I'm happy that I stuck it out and stayed with the red band instead of slipping back a step (Dee's advice really stuck with me). It very well might be a very different matter, though, when I make up Barbara!! Baby steps.

Today's WOD was fun. I like front squats quite a lot, and this move used to be my most hated at first. Now I think it's one of my favorites. Once you have the form mastered, going up in weight is pretty much a breeze. It took me a good month or so to get it down.

5-4-3-2-1
Front Squat
Muscle Up

6:09
90# front squat (I thought about going to 95#, but I didn't listen to myself)
red band on pullups
blue band on ring dips

CD: 4 sets of 10 GHD situps/10 back extensions, then 60 abmat situps, unbroken


My quads, ribs, back, and shoulders still feel Cindy from last Sunday and the WODS on Monday and today. I will definitely enjoy my rest day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME work!! Congrats on the red band! You're so close to an unassisted pullup now!

    ReplyDelete