Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thrusters and Skype and Styes, oh my!

As you can see from the title, it has been an interesting few days. Tuesday's WOD was Max Thrusters at Fran weight. Considering that the last time I did Fran was at least two months ago and I used 35# then, I think it's progress that I did 30 thrusters with 43#. Those first 15 were TOUGH!!! I don't really know how the heck I got out the remaining 15, but somehow, I did. My wrists were totally useless afterward, but my legs and shoulders could have kept going. Bleh. Next time I will do them with the prescribed weight and see how far I get! Oh, but I did manage to do 5 kipping pullups unbroken that day! We did one round of Cindy as part of our warmup, and I just jumped up there and cranked them out. I think I could have done more, but I was so surprised at being able to do five in a row that I stopped after that--broke up my rhythm. On to ten and beyond!

Diet has been pretty good, except this morning I cheated and got a Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit. For some reason, I really, really wanted one!! I think I was trying to console myself about the fact that I have a sty trying to make a lil home in my right lower eyelid. :( I went to the doc, and he prescribed some weaker antibiotic to take for two weeks, plus a refill if I need it (hopefully I don't!!!). I was really worried that taking an antibiotic would push my LASIK back, but I called and Candy reassured me (they're all so awesome over there!) that it'd be fine and even gave me tips on how to keep my eyelids cleaner to prevent further breakouts. Stupid stupid eyes! I have never, ever had problems like this before! Oh well, I will wash my eyelids everyday from now on, especially after a workout. I'm still convinced that the dust and dirt flying everywhere has something to do with it! But that won't stop me from going, I mean, it was two months before I started getting styes, so maybe it's not the dust, although that crap doesn't help the situation. I'm hoping once I get my surgery done, I won't have so much trouble. We will see!

Skyping with my nephew last night went well. He's so adorable and knows his alphabet (out of order, too) perfectly. He'll be entering Kindergarten this fall, so I think he's pretty well prepared. He knows how to hold a book and which direction to read. It was fun to talk and interact with him! Skype is pretty neat, too. I hope I can find more people on it and talk to them that way. I finally got to "meet" my brother's new girlfriend on it--she's really friendly and cute. She's a 2nd grade teacher, so she's been really good with Parker. Hopefully I'll be able to meet her in person sometime in the near future.

Well, not much more time to write since I have to drive to Coppell soon to meet with Dee's daughter. I'm looking forward to working with her! Just hope the traffic isn't too bad.

Update: Dee's daughter is absolutely adorable and SO bright!! She continued to amaze me through the entire session. Her sister was just as cute as a button! Dee has done a wonderful job raising both her daughters! If only all of my students were as enthusiastic, polite, and altogether a joy to teach and interact with!

BTW, anyone want my almond butter? I tried it tonight, and I hate it! The texture, taste, and consistency just aren't right to me, plus I am so hooked on Sunbutter that there's no going back, haha!

4 comments:

  1. Almond butter is awesome! Yum! So, what are you teaching Dee's daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'd be glad to take the almond butter off your hands! I was about to go buy more. I agree, almond butter is not nearly as tasty as sunbutter, but sunbutter also has some sugar..it's not ALL natural like the almond butter which is literally just crushed almonds..so I try to do a little of both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Hope you enjoyed your massage! Or maybe enjoyed is the wrong word with Erin, lol, but hope you are feeling less sore and more relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome to it, Sandy--I can't get past the texture or the different flavor. I've spoiled myself on the sunbutter so I'm disappointed when I taste the different, not as creamy/sweet taste of the almond butter. Maybe I should try a different kind? What kind do you usually buy? I know I should try to like it since it doesn't have as much sugar...but I love sunbutter so much!!! Thanks, the massage was painful but good. The legs part was the worst part, and I told her I was glad I had only two legs!! :) But I do feel more relaxed and ready to crank out these assignments. I have to take my kitty to the vet, though--I think he got a cold from staying at the kennel last week. :(

    I'm teaching Dee's daughter mini-lessons over vocabulary, writing skills, phonics, literary elements, etc. I'm also assessing her, as that is the focus of my class--literacy assessment. I'm looking forward to our next session.

    ReplyDelete