Thursday, July 23, 2009

Argh, more push-ups!

Well, I am going to do more of what I hate: push-ups. Today's WOD requires me to do 105 of the suckers.

7 rounds for time:
10 KB swings
15 push-ups

Bleh! Just got back and I HATED THOSE PUSH-UPS even though I did knee ones. -_-

8:20
26# KB
knee push-ups

Amanda was an awesome partner--she really encouraged me and made me keep moving on those awful push-ups. She did her first three sets of push-ups unbroken!!!! Inspiring as hell! I'm looking forward to getting to know her better and working out with her more often. She plays on a national level ultimate frisbee team! Anyway, I'm happy that today's WOD is over with and am treating myself to some pool time with Erin and then ginormous Jenga at Barcadia tonight. Sweet! Oh yeah, for CD she and I did 50 GHD situps. For some reason, I can't really get past 50. :/ Last time I did 100 was with SamZ three weeks ago. I'm slacking!!

Aww, pool time got cancelled--it started raining. But that's a good thing, too, because I need to get two more assignments done today since I'm going to Barcadia tonight.

Sandy, it was so nice to see you! I hope you had a good workout and wish I could have counted and cheered for you like old times. Hope you made it back in time for your conference call! Are you free this weekend for some Kozy with Amy and me?

5 comments:

  1. Did you really have to count out the push ups? It sounds better when you think of only having to do 15 at time. But when you say 105...it makes it sound daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sorry Amy, but I had to know my total. I like it for bragging rights. ;) Are you going to do this one? It really helps to have someone count the reps and rounds for you. Otherwise, I would have quit at round 4 lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do it, not sure if it will be today or tomorrow. I like to count afterwards...not before! That way I brag after I did it instead of dreading it before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, Amy. I was starting to add it up beforehand and then decided I better not..it's just a lot.
    And Carrie - yes, definitely would've been easier with someone counting. I couldn't push myself enough on this one.
    I will see how things shake out tomorrow. Lots of errands to run before leaving town again next week, my aunt's move wrapping up, etc. etc.. just too much going on! If I can sneak out I would love to catch up with you girls for a bit. Hope a game time decision will be ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure! I'm totally flexible in the afternoon tomorrow. Let me know y'all!

    ReplyDelete