Thursday, July 2, 2009

Challenges

Today's WOD looks frightening and fun at the same time!!

"The San Francisco Crippler"

For time:

30 Bodyweight Back Squats
1000m row

So I have to do 30 back squats using 133#; then row 1000m. Sweet!!! I definitely want to do pullups afterward to see how many I can do before I crap out. And Sandy, I definitely want to do situps. Tabata?! :D I'm giddy because I'm done with the last assignment that's due tomorrow. Then I will get up at about 7:30, work on the assignment that's due on Saturday, go workout at noon, eat at Cafe Brazil with Sandy (NJAnotherEggSammich here I COME!!!), then clean, change the kitty pans, give them tons of food to last them until I get back from Tyler on Saturday evening. I'm supposed to avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight while taking these meds, but I want some LAKE TIME! And seeing fireworks while sitting on a boat on a lake is just too good to pass up. Whee!!

Wow. I was being totally unrealistic when I thought I'd be able to do THIRTY back squats at bodyweight! Jamie and I decided that 30 of anything, be it air squats or pullups, is tough. I used 95#, although I should have put on 5# plates on each side to make it 105, but I wasn't thinking straight. The first 20 weren't too bad, but once I got to 25, I was hurting. Erica really pushed me through those last five, and then my legs were totally like jello when I tried to situate myself on the rower. Ugh. I hate rowing. That's definitely something I need to work on and need coaching on. Erica pushed me through that, too! It's awesome working out with her! I heard Jamie encouraging me during the squats, too--thank you, Jamie!!! Way to rock it and shave TWO MINUTES off your old time!! :D This workout was definitely mental. Did it in 6:46 or something. Will increase weight and try for a better time next time. I wanted to get all my reps perfect, though. For CD I did 50 GHD situps, a few pullups (could only manage four in a row today), and 30 sec. handstand hold. Awesome post-WOD meal at Kozy with Erica: 1/3 of Kozy Kobb with goat cheese instead of bleu, 1/2 grass-fed buffalo burger on the rarer side of med. rare, with plenty of goat cheese on top, and 1/2 serving of Kozy hash. YUM! Oh, and of course a nice tall glass of shaken Agave iced tea. Love that stuff!! I could eat at Kozy after workouts every time, if only I could afford it. :)

Well, time to shower, clean the kitty pans, finish the last thing for my assignment, and head to Tyler! Have a safe, fun July 4th, everybody!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I bailed on you today at noon! But awesome job!! Enjoy your weekend, and see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work today!! Thank you for the encouragement, too. Have a great Fourth of July and a safe trip to Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! It's okay, Sandy--I wouldn't have wanted you to workout if you weren't feeling good. It seems your body was telling you to take it easy this morning.

    Way to go, Jamie! You're always pushing it to the next level, and that inspires me! I always enjoy going to the noon class because I know you'll be there--you're always so upbeat and positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where have your posts been?? I wanna see how you're doing! I really miss seeing you at the gym too! Are you finishing out this week with the 6amers or pmers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing Sandy! She's been at the gym....but no posting...shame shame....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( I was going to post last night but got too caught up in my school work! I will post something today before I start my next assignment. Sorry, girls! :) I feel happy that you missed my posts, haha!

    ReplyDelete