Thursday, July 2, 2009

We are only human.

Well, it seems that enough of my peers complained about the heavy workload, because my prof just e-mailed us tonight with a new due date calendar! Everything is more spread out now, and while I am relieved and will be able to go enjoy July 4 on the lake, I am a bit...disappointed? that my classmates would have such trouble managing the load when they know perfectly well that this is an accelerated course--a whole semester's worth of material is crammed into five weeks of class. I admit, I felt defeated and overwhelmed when I first began the class, but now that I have a sort of routine and groove going, I felt that it was manageable. Then again, I don't have to work during the summer (neither do most of my peers since they're teachers, too) and I don't have children (well, I take that back--I have two baby cats who constantly want my attention). I suppose the professor wanted to give the mothers a chance. :) It was very generous and compassionate of her to do that!

Skipped out on the WOD today because I was a dummy and followed the directions on the antibiotic bottle saying to take the med on an empty stomach. Did that, cooked something to eat less than an hour afterward, tried to eat said meal, but I couldn't eat more than an third of it. I felt quite icky and nauseated, so I went back to bed for about an hour. Then I just felt crappy and unmotivated. Ugh. Update: I just read up on Doxycycline. Wouldn't ya know, you're not supposed to lie down for an hour after you take it because it can cause esophageal damage!!!!! I really wish my pharmacist gave a damn about her clients! There was nothing on the insert about this. And you aren't supposed to take it on an empty stomach (why the hell does the label say to then?!!) either. AND, it's known to cause yeast infections. Such a lovely drug, eh? I got some Acidophilus probiotics to help prevent that unpleasantness. I seriously hope that once my eyes have been fixed, I don't have to mess with any of this crap again! I bought some eye scrub pads (and the rewetting drops for when I have my surgery!) and plan to use those on a regular basis to prevent any more clogged eyelid pores.

Had a massage session with Erin (my first one!) this evening. Boy did it hurt!!!! I think the worst part was my legs, particularly my calves. She knew where to massage, eek! My back and shoulders felt better, though. Wish we'd had time for her to work my shoulders, though. I do plan to return sometime for another dose of pain! Ha! I just made myself imagine tiny little mean guys, or toxins, being pushed and kneeded out of my muscles. That didn't stop me from cursing, though. Ack! I did laugh, too! Eric was right--Erin makes you laugh and cry at the same time! The masseuses I've gone to in the past didn't know what they were doing!!

I'm debating whether I will do my friend's bootcamp tomorrow morning AND the WOD at the nooner class. I would really like to do both since the gym is closed this weekend, but I don't want to kill myself, either. I certainly want to be able to give 100% of my effort and energy to the WOD, so maybe I will do the first half of bootcamp and skip the power training part (5 rounds of 6 100m sprints followed by 5 different exercises, such as burpees and situps). I think I will look at the WOD in the morning and decide then. Koy said that it's going to be hard, not that that's not the norm for everyday! but when KOY says a WOD is going to be hard, I get nervous! We'll see...I'd much rather crossfit than do bootcamp. :) I also want to see how many pullups I can do to failure. I've never tried before, and that's something I want to find out.

Oh, and Amy, is your offer to kittysit still on the table? I don't want to put them in the kennel when I go away for a few days at the end of July. One of them couldn't handle the stress of being away from home and being kept in a cage separated from his brother (they didn't tell me that they had to separate them!! I'd requested that they be kept in the same cage so the kennel wouldn't be so scary for them. The vet told me today that they do that for the animals' safety, that they tend to attack each other when in stressful situations.), and he got a lil cold. I took him and got some decongestant that I have to put in his food. He sneezes and blows little drops of clear kitty nose dribble on my books and papers while I'm trying to read/write. :( Supposedly he'll be okay--just reacting to the stress from being in the kennel. The other kitty was hoarse when I brought them back home--I asked why, and it turns out he cried a lot while they were in there. :( So I don't want my kitties to suffer through that again. I think the Village also offers pet-sitters if you can't do it. I'm hoping to keep them as secure and comfortable as possible. No more sicky kitties!

Back to the books!

2 comments:

  1. Sure. Just let me know when! Would it be easier for you to just leave them at your place and have me come and check up on them after work? Just let me know what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a far drive for you, though, isn't it Amy? I live in the Village off Central Expy and Caruth. But I would love you forever if you could check on them while I'm gone. Just make sure they have lots of food and scoop their poopies (sorry). They should be fine on water because they have a fountain that's always filtering it for them. If you notice the water level is a bit low, feel free to add more, though. Here's my number: 214.532.7655 so we can get more specific about it when the time is nearer. Thank you so much, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete