Friday, July 10, 2009

Close call

Wow. Chelsea is on my black list! Today was the first time I have ever felt Pukie poking me and threatening to visit. Ugh! I think the heat contributed to that feeling, as well. Gotta drink way more water before going to the nooners.

Just got back from my session with Dee's daughter--was cut short by the fact that the library closes at 6 on Fridays, boo. I'm still feeling unsettled, probably just need to take it easy and drink lots of water. I plan to watch "Fat Head" tonight--Jer says it's a must-see for Paleo/Zone eaters. Haha, it basically parodies "Supersize Me" and shows you exactly what caused the dude to gain all that weight and become super unhealthy. I plan to take at least that long of a break from the books tonight. I'm debating whether I'll sleep in tomorrow. Probably won't because I always feel anxious about getting up and starting my day on my school work. Bleh!

Oh, yeah, the WOD: 30 minutes of Cindy rounds on the minute
I used a red band on the pullups, but in retrospect, I'm somewhat wishing I'd used a blue one. I started out with regular pushups but had to drop to knees for the rest. Squats were no problem, but I always got caught up by the pushups. Grrrrrr. Sandy, I really want to start working out with you again and doing that pushup progression thing with you. That's my weak spot when it comes to Cindy and Chelsea. I think I got out 19 rounds, maybe 18. I kept count of how many rounds I sat out/missed, but the heat and exhaustion may have addled my brain on the counting. I am definitely looking forward to a full rest day tomorrow. The only thing I'm going to work is my brain! Then Sunday I'm going to see Transformer 2 at the IMAX and then going to the gym to do skill work--dips, handstand holds, maybe pushups, situps (I have neglected these since doing those 100 GHDs with SamZ on Monday; did 50 on Tuesday), and whatever else I come up with. It's going to be a sauna in there, so I'm sure my "easy" day will feel like a workout.

Okay, time to go relax for a while. I might do 5 on 2 off again to see how my body likes it. Didn't really mind it this week, but I'm not sure if I could handle it on a regular basis. It was nice to do all the WODs this week, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment