Friday, July 24, 2009

New PR?

I am excited to do back squats today and hope I can beat my old PR of 150#. I'm quite relieved that we are doing max lifting today, too, because I don't know if I'd be very effective if it were a met-con like the past three days. I am a bit concerned about the rather numerous numbers of attempts we have, though. I'm going to follow Corey's advice on the blog and try to get my max on the fifth attempt; otherwise I will be too tired, probably. Plus my legs are still really feeling the Tabata Mashup from Wednesday! I love the pain!! :)

WOD:

Back Squat

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Woohoo that was fun! Started out with 80% of my PR weight: 120# and worked up from there. 120 - 125 - 130 - 140 - 150 - 155 - 160 - 165 - 170 - 175 (25# PR)

I got to work at my own rack because there are now six, and the other two girls didn't know what their max back squat was. The nooner wasn't as big as it has been in the past, so it was a nice, laid-back group dynamic. Then I was getting ready to do situps with Jared, but Wayne was putting on a weighted vest and I asked him what he was going to do. He said go run so that a normal 800m run would feel really easy, so I figured, why not? It might help me get a faster time on the sprints when I do that one again. So I put on the lightest vest (the wonky gray one that's way too long for my short torso), and I ran it with him. It was challenging! I would like to do it as a CD regularly, time-permitting, though. Spencer is building a new platform for rolling out/stretching, so I had plenty of time today. Then I did 50 GHD situps and did a minute plank hold with Wayne. He's a cool guy. I'm going to enjoy my rest day tomorrow! Looking forward to some skill work and maybe sprints on Sunday with Amy and Sandy if they're both there. Gotta get cranking on this case study and PP presentation for class.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new PR! Woo hoo! Looking forward to working out with you on Sunday! Get off facebook and start working on that case study!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL okay Mommy! :) I'm actually hungry today after the WOD, so I have to scrounge around for something to eat. It's time to go to the grocery again, too. Procrastination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Hey now...I'm just saying...I don't want to hear you complain about your work when you are sitting there talking to me on FB! Hehe...Granted, I am doing it while at work, but there isn't much to do, and I get off in about 45 minutes. =) Scrounging? There better be some sunbutter for me to steal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I just bought a new jar today! There should be plenty of it left for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the new PR! Is that high bar? If so that is awesome!! 175 is a heck of a lot of weight to move. Have a nice rest day tomorrow, you've earned it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jamie!! It was high bar--low bar is too weird for me to handle. I've always done high bar even when I was a gym rat. :) Oh I'm definitely going to enjoy my rest day. It's starting off with a haircut and glosser, then a manicure. Then Amy is coming to meet my kitties (she's kitty-sitting for me next week while I'm in SC seeing Kason graduate from Army Basic Training), and we're going to go to Kozy. If you're still in town and are free (I can't remember if you're leaving tomorrow, sorry), come join us! Then I have to get back to my grad school projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow girl, you rock. And your day tomorrow sounds amaaazing. :) I wish I could join you two at Kozy! I leave at 6:30 a.m. *Shudders* But once I arrive, I can relax and do whatever I want - maybe sleep!

    By the way, I forgot to thank you for sending me the gift certificate from Dr. Beebe! That's so thoughtful of you. It's probably bad timing financially, but I can't say it's not tempting. Thanks!

    Have a fun trip to SC, and congratulations to Kason!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Jamie! I'm glad you got the certificate--that's so cool how his office lets patients refer friends and family. I think they regularly have special discounts like this often (maybe?) so I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I hear/learn anything later on.

    You can sleep on the plane! I like early morning flights--the airport is so different then. Have fun!!

    I'll let Kason know you said congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, let me know if you hear anything! Yes, at least with early-morning flights they're not usually delayed. And I have a window seat, so I can lean against that and snooze...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what this gift certificate is all about but I fully recommend it :) I had a follow up with my regular eye dr yesterday and he told me that they could not have dona better job! He said it's the best he's seen in a long time! 20/20 together..a little fuzzier separately, but will continue to improve. I know what you mean about the financing Jamie, but at some point you should just take the plunge, you won't regret it!
    OK, that's enough of my commercial on Carrie's blog :)
    Nice job today, Carrie!! I may have to practice some squats with you helping me on Sunday..you seem to have it down! And I think it's good that you did the run to mix it up a little bit..you want to be careful not to do abs everyday..that defeats the purpose of Crossfit! Hopefully see you girls tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet, Sandy!! I'm so glad your eye doc was so impressed. :) The coupon was part of the friends and family referral program--Dr. Beebe's office sent me an e-mail that let me refer people I chose, and they received an e-mail with an $800 coupon attached. And I agree with you about not regretting taking the plunge!! I've been out of debt for two years now, but I think it's worth the extra bill to pay a month to get my eyes fixed!

    Thanks, Sandy, and I will be more than happy to help you out with your form. I really haven't been able to go ass to the grass until recently, so it is definitely something that has to be practiced. I really hope you can go to Kozy today! And I will try to listen to you and Tyler about not working my abs too much, but I thought that since I've cut down the reps and mixed up the moves, it's not too bad. I totally felt that plank yesterday! It was awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete