Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tabata goodness

Today's WOD was nice and different--Tabata mashup. Almost every muscle in my body feels yesterday's workout, oh how delightful! It sure is a wonderful feeling being painfully reminded of the different muscles in my back, my shoulders, my quads, hamstrings, calves, and ribs (all around)!!

Alternating Triple Tabata Mash Up

8 rounds, 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest, alternating between the following:

Wall-ball shots, 20 pound ball
Knees-to-elbows
Medicine ball clean, 20 pound ball

Partnered with Amanda and I'm so glad we had a partner to count for us and keep us moving! Got 12 wall-ball shots the first round, then 11, and then I leveled out at 10. KTE is something I could stand to work on, although I stayed pretty consistent--7 and 8 until I dropped to 6 near the end of the whole thing. Med ball cleans were pretty consistent, too--7 and 8 throughout. I could have and should have done more, though. Always room for improvement! That was a great met-con, and I love the variety. I felt that we did a lot of lifting the week before I had surgery, but this week has been nice and varied. I really wish I could have done the sprints on Monday, though. :( I will probably make those up on Sunday if anyone is interested in doing them with me. :) I also plan to do skill work that day beforehand. Did 50 GHD situps for CD and missed my situp buddies.

Time for a shower and nerding it up.

5 comments:

  1. Great job! Yeah...about those sprints...my thighs are killing me. I am laying on the floor right now, and I am just hoping that I can get back up! I missed my sit up buddy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, but the sprints will help your thighs! And your abs, and your quads, and your calves LOL. I'll bet you'll be feeling better come Sunday, so be prepared to sprint! J/K if you'd rather do something else, that's fine. :) When you going to be able to come to CFDC? I stop at 50 on situps without you there doing them and counting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...that's what they keep telling me! I have not been this sore since I first started! It is unreal!! That and I honestly need to work on my O-lifting, but lets just see how I am on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, sorry I missed you at the nooner, Carrie! The 7 a.m. class was really small, and although the people are nice, it's not the same energy. Great job with the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Jamie, you're exactly right--the people are nice but still asleep, so the energy level is totally zip. Not motivating enough for me! I love the 6 a.m. in terms of energy levels, though. Wow! I don't know how Spencer is so perky and upbeat so early in the morning, but he definitely is a great morning coach. And thanks for the compliment, girl! :)

    Amy - I gotta work on my o-lifting too so it'll help me with the HSPUs. Let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete